Friday, May 8, 2009

As If.

If you haven't already done it, go over to Chromeballincident and check out todays post on the one and only Kelly Bird. The first time I ever saw Bird, was at a skate park near Toronto called Rudy's, we had our share of local pro's with Weiss and Bokma, but something about Kelly scared the hell out of me. The way he would skate was pretty intimidating, and he wasn't the friendliest dude back then either. I would always make sure not to get in his way and most times not even skate in the same area, but I would always watch cause he killed it. Fast forward many years and I end up working with him through Lakai but never really forgot those days at Rudy's when he was that prototypical 90's pro with a sweet EMB attitude of hating. Bird does a sweet job over at Lakai, just wouldn't be the same without him. Thanks Bird!

Mid 90's ad for Real.

Sandro with Birds Priest graphic. I always wondered if this photo would come in handy.

No comments: